SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-03 11:49:42

dddmatrix

No sound after restarting, please help! [Closed]

Hi, you guys:

I need help, after restarting, my Waldof just went mute, no sound at all; and I am sure that before the reboot, I didn't do anything (upgrading or interfering in the system). I have already tried these things:

1.  purge these pakages: alsa-utils; alsa-oss; pulseaudio; vlc-plugin-pulse and even vlc - but I thing vlc did not cause the problem because Mplayer has no sound as well. Then I reinstalled them and nothing improved - since I installed Waldorf, I have encounted some audio prolems and all of them have just been solved by purging then reinstalling all these sound relating packages. big_smile

2.  I also run the command: "pactl exit" as normal user, and "Connection failure: Connection terminated" was the output.
(as recommended by el_koraco in this: crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=271896#p271896.)

I'm sure this is not a hardware problem, because I tested by my Debian Squeeze installed dual in this desktop.

I'm just a normal end user, know not much about those configuration or diagnostic things.

Thanks!

Last edited by dddmatrix (2012-12-07 02:26:43)

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-12-07 02:25:59

dddmatrix

Re: No sound after restarting, please help! [Closed]

Oh, come on! This sound problem is driving me crazy, tried everything i could. Now I come to the state of seeing the sound indicator bar of VLC in my sound control tab moving to and fro but the speaker generated no thing big_smile

I think I'll reinstall my Crunchbang and as a naive, now I really hate Pulseaudio - Alsa running perfectly on my Debian Squeeze.

Thank you all for the time reading and trying to help in this topic.

#3 2012-12-07 09:17:30

dddmatrix

I've just realized that I posted a wrong place, mod please delete this topic! I'm terribly sorry!

#4 2012-12-07 09:50:58

dura
Bloated Gimp

What happens if you type alsamixer in a terminal? Anything muted? Sometimes wheezy is muted in the system tray, but you can't tell. Do you have any fn+f keys that alter volume or mute?

#5 2012-12-09 02:53:27

dddmatrix

Thanks #! Die Hard for your reply !
I have not reinstalled my system yet, maybe I give it a try  ^ ^.
No, I only see muted master mono, but I don't think that is the matter (unmuted and nothing happen); and no, this is a desktop which basic keyboard type, I doesn't have any function keys.
Is there any way I can wash out all the sound config (seriously! ALL - from alsa to pulseaudio, all of the config files...) on my system and reinstall only alsa? Because I don't want to go though an installation and config process again and I'm now very please with my Crunchbang setup - of course, except sound problem >"<

Board footer