SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1051 2013-11-11 17:31:58

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

Re: Conky weather+moon scripts (Accuw/WUndergr/NWS/MoonGiant)

TeoBigusGeekus wrote:

lol  lol  lol  lol 40 rods to the what?

I swear he's saying "My care gets 40 rods to the hogs head!"

That's a good one though ...

Q&As for Conky v1.9 & v1.10 | Conky Archives | All Conky Threads
.deb file editor | Debian Jessie: BunsenLabs subAlpha & Wally-jr
BL Forum Moderator | LinuxBBQ

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#1052 2013-11-11 17:40:02

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@Sector11:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogshead
/off-topic

#1053 2013-11-11 17:44:18

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

Something to help you guys out: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/converting_to_metric.png

EDIT: For God's sake pvsage, dat table !?!?
You guys must be really brave to use this thing...

Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus (2013-11-11 18:14:05)

Please make Autocad Civil 3D and Archicad work on Linux!

#1054 2013-11-11 20:41:19

Doruletz

pvsage and Theo, both very funny, LMFAO at the "metric conversion" chart Theo....

Sector11 wrote:
@ Doruletz

Excuse me .... water freezes at 0° ?? Really, I thought it was at 32° - - - - - - just pulling your leg.  big_smile
I'm a Canuck that grew up with °F and hated it when Canada changed to "metric" ie: °C vs °F, cm vs inches, litres vs gallons, kph vs mph, etc etc .... and with in 6 months I was - Damn ... why didn't they do this 100 years ago?

Glad you got it working.  Now anyone that wants to use AccuWeather in the US in °C can do so ... BUT

... if I may be so bold .. why all the trouble when Teos's Weather·com script does °F or °C already?

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric

Here's my latest Buenos Aires script - changed to Knoxville, TN:
http://s20.postimg.org/u1lmfp5ah/2013_11_11_13_02_45_1256x892_Sector11.jpg «--» http://s20.postimg.org/7e6d9jpqh/2013_11_11_13_14_50_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg

Again: just a curious question.

Sector 11.
Funniest thing for me ever since i moved to the States in '94 is when I go to the doctor and they measure and weigh me. The nurse is squeezing her brains to try to convert cm to ft-in and kg to pounds.
Sometimes I tell them not to bother, but most of the time I just sit and watch...
And if they don't have a conversion chart on the wall or in a file they get it wrong most of the time.

Why not make the switch to metric 100 years ago? Because people are stubborn, fear change, etc.

The "metric" system (by the way, the rest of the world calls it the INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM OF UNITS or SI for short) is anchored in, and very much related to nature and us, humans. Thus very easy to understand and remember.
Also, what you call "the standard system" we call the Anglo-American system, cause they're the only ones using it.
Britain was forced by the EU to switch to metric, yet they still have mile markers on their highways.... (Some bad habits die hard)

Which is easier???
Metric:
The meter was originally intended to be one ten-millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole (at sea level)
1m = 10dm = 100cm = 1,000mm = 1,000,000 microns (or micrometers) and so on
1km = 1,000m
1m3 = 1,000liters or dm3
Everything goes in multiples of 10 (decimal system), for the simple fact that we have 10 fingers, not 12 or 16 or 128...
And 1 meter is also an exact multiple of the wave length of the very common radioactive chromium.
US/UK "standard system"
One foot (ft) on the other hand, is only as big as King George's foot used to be back some few centuries ago.
And how many people will ever care to remember that you have 5,280 feet in one mile ??
Or 128 Fl Oz in a Gallon?
Or 16 Oz in a Pound (Avoir DuPois), cause guess what, there is yet another Ounce and Pound (Troy), different altogether, used for gold.
The Imperial Gallon (used in Canada and UK) is bigger than the US Gallon (4.55 liters vs 3.79 liters)
The nautical mile is longer than the terrestrial mile, and so on
Very confusing, to say the least....

Are you following so far?

As far as the script, I just like my version, plus I spent lots of time making it.
And this should be what Linux is all about.
Diversity, and the ability to make your PC look, feel and act just the way you like it.

Thank you for your input.

Last edited by Doruletz (2013-11-11 21:15:40)

Linux ROCKS, Winodw$ SUCKS.
And Mac is just an overpriced dumbed down version of "Linux for Dummies"

#1055 2013-11-11 21:04:55

morfik

Hello, long time no see. I just wanted to say that my moon had dissapeared, and the conkyfirecast project is dead, I've been wondering, why the hell the moon phase doesn't change anymore, and now I know why. So, I'm moonless now.  big_smile

Have you thought about changing a little bit the 1b1 script?

#1056 2013-11-11 21:32:56

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

Doruletz wrote:

pvsage and Theo, both very funny, LMFAO at the "metric conversion" chart Theo....

Sector11 wrote:

Excuse me .... water freezes at 0° ?? Really, I thought it was at 32° - - - - - - just pulling your leg.  big_smile

Again: just a curious question.

Thank you for your input.

Hmmmmmm I think you missed the point. I was making fun of the whole thing except for the fact that Teo's other script does do SI measurement.  I used "metric" because back when ... they were talking "metrification" (Cdn. Govt.) ... I didn't want to use that word!

As far as the script, I just like my version, plus I spent lots of time making it.
And this should be what Linux is all about.
Diversity, and the ability to make your PC look, feel and act just the way you like it.

And I agree 100% ---  as I say: Linux 101 = 101 ways of doing the same thing.

I was not trying to get you to change anything ... in fact I congratulated you for getting it to work in °C I just pointing out an option and asked out of curiosity.  /end topic

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Teo's weather scripts thread.

#1057 2013-11-11 22:10:14

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@Teo:  Aside from the gallon, all those units of measure are pretty much obsolete, and were specifically used by the wine industry; that Simpsons quote is the only place where I've heard of hogshead used as a unit of measure.

#1058 2013-11-11 22:15:13

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

pvsage wrote:

@Teo:  Aside from the gallon, all those units of measure are pretty much obsolete, and were specifically used by the wine industry; that Simpsons quote is the only place where I've heard of hogshead used as a unit of measure.

I understand man, just kidding - and exaggerating a bit to emphasize my point.

#1059 2013-11-11 23:00:06

Doruletz

@Sector 11:

OK, sorry if I got carried away a little.
I understood the funny stuff, just wanted to lay it on the line, blow off some long bottled steam, if you want....
CONCLUSION:
Given enough economic and military power, you can measure things in toe nail clippings length if you so desire.
Let the rest of the world figure out how long one of those actually is...

Back to topic:
Sadly, the "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" does not work for me, for some reason. Images and cookies get created in the "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" folder, but nothing is displayed on my desktop.
I liked weather.com based scripts more because they give nice moon icons for moon phase, as well as other stuff Accuweather does not have.
See a previous desktop snapshot of  mine here:

NewLinuxDesktopScreenshot01.png

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk17 … shot01.png

Why is the "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" not working for me? What am I missing now? (If anything)
What am I not doing or doing wrong?
Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

I currently use Linux Mint 13 LTS Maya with MATE 1.4 desktop, the 32-bit version, kernel 3.8.0-33-generic (latest for Mint 13).
Here's what I did so far:
I installed conky and conky-all, both in v1.9.0-2~ppa1~precise1 via this repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/conky
And conkyforecast v2.24 from this repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
I also followed Theo's instructions on how to customize and adapt his "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" to my /home/<user-name> directory and change the weather.com address to my Knoxville, TN USA location.

HARDWARE:
Here's my new build (Just finished 3 days ago):
Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan
Gigabyte Z77-HD4 motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU
16GB (four x 4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X series DDR3 1600MHz RAM
EVGA Superclocked GTX760 2gb GDDR5 (with the new GK104 nVidia chip)
Thermaltake SMART M Series 850W fully modular 80 PLUS BRONZE PSU
Thermaltake Water Performer 2.0 closed-loop liquid CPU cooler with Dual 120mm PWM Fans
3 x SSD, all SATA III @ 6.0Gb/s (60GB OCZ Agility 3, 64GB Crucial M4 and 32 GB ADATA Premier Pro SP600)
2 x HDD SATA III @ 6.0Gb/s, 7200rpm 64MB Cache Seagate Barracuda 2TB (each)

And a 2GB Memorex TravelDrive USB stick, mounted internally, via a PCI to 5xUSB2.0 card (which I'm using for Linux swap)

Triple boot OS:
1 - Linux Mint 13 LTS Maya MATE on OCZ Agility 3 SSD (My main OS, I very rarely use anything else)
2 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on Crucial M4 SSD
3 - Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (tonymacx86 Hackintosh) on ADATA SP600 SSD
Linux Home Folder and file storage partitions for all 3 OS on the two 2TB Seagate HDD

And my "inxi -F" command output:

dorumint13@Thor-PC ~ $ inxi -F
System:    Host: Thor-PC Kernel: 3.8.0-33-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: N/A Distro: Linux Mint 13 Maya
Machine:   System: Gigabyte product: N/A
           Mobo: Gigabyte model: Z77-HD4 version: x.x Bios: American Megatrends version: F1 date: 10/24/2012
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-3570K CPU (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1600.00 MHz 2: 1600.00 MHz 3: 1600.00 MHz 4: 1600.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GK104 [GeForce GTX 760] X.Org: 1.12.3 driver: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer: GK104/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.116
Audio:     Card-1: NVIDIA GK104 HDMI Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.8.0-33-generic
           Card-2: Intel 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-3: Logitech Webcam C270 driver: USB Audio
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169 
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 90:2b:34:d7:9d:c4
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 4158.9GB (33.4% used) 1: /dev/sda OCZ 60.0GB 
           2: /dev/sdb M4 64.0GB 3: /dev/sdc ADATA_SP600 32.0GB 
           4: /dev/sdd ST2000DM001 2000.4GB 5: /dev/sde ST32000542AS 2000.4GB 
           6: USB /dev/sdf TRAVELDRIVE_005B 2.1GB 
Partition: ID: / size: 24G used: 5.9G (26%) fs: ext4 ID: /home size: 1.1T used: 347M (1%) fs: ext4 
           ID: swap-1 size: 2.06GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8C mobo: 27.8C gpu: 30C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 191 Uptime: 2:23 Memory: 545.0/16165.1MB Client: Shell inxi: 1.7.33 

Last edited by Doruletz (2013-11-11 23:37:00)

#1060 2013-11-11 23:53:13

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

Doruletz wrote:

Why is the "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" not working for me? What am I missing now? (If anything)
What am I not doing or doing wrong?
Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

I currently use Linux Mint 13 LTS Maya with MATE 1.4 desktop, the 32-bit version, kernel 3.8.0-33-generic (latest for Mint 13).
Here's what I did so far:
I installed conky and conky-all, both in v1.9.0-2~ppa1~precise1 via this repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/conky
And conkyforecast v2.24 from this repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
I also followed Theo's instructions on how to customize and adapt his "Conky_WeatherCom_metric" to my /home/<user-name> directory and change the weather.com address to my Knoxville, TN USA location.

I remember seeing those setups before - I still think they are nice.

Conky_WeatherCom_metric should be working for you, the fact you are on Mint doesn't matter.

Can you post the conky you are using and the modified ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weath_com_metric script you have please.

EDIT: conkyForecast is out of the picture for the moment - not working - SAD SAD SAD!!!

Last edited by Sector11 (2013-11-11 23:57:40)

#1061 2013-11-12 04:24:12

Doruletz

Sector11 wrote:

I remember seeing those setups before - I still think they are nice.

Conky_WeatherCom_metric should be working for you, the fact you are on Mint doesn't matter.

Can you post the conky you are using and the modified ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weath_com_metric script you have please.

EDIT: conkyForecast is out of the picture for the moment - not working - SAD SAD SAD!!!

Sector 11,
Here's my modified non-working "Conky_WeatherCom_metric"

weath_com_metric:

#!/bin/bash

#put your 10 day weather.com address here
#address10="http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Kastoria+GRXX0292:1:GR"
#address10="http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Oymyakon+RSXX5470:1:RS"
address10="http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Knoxville+TN+USTN0268:1:US"

addr_today=$(echo $address10|sed 's/tenday/today/')

kill -STOP $(pidof conky)
killall wget

wget --user-agent="Firefox" --load-cookies $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/cookie -O $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td $addr_today
wget --user-agent="Firefox" --load-cookies $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/cookie -O $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10 $address10

rm $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK

if [[ -s $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td ]]; then
	#############################
	# Right now, Today, Tonight #
	#############################
	grep Updated $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td > $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated
	sed -i -e '/Right Now$/,/Close Weather Details/!d' -e '/wx-social/d' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i '/\/wxicon\/\|&deg;\|wx-phrase\|wx-label\|"wx-data"\|wx-wind-label\|wx-text\|mb$\|am\|pm\|wx-moonphase-label/!d' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^.*\/wxicon\/120\///g' -e 's/\.png.*$/\.png/g' -e 's/^.*celsius">//g' -e 's/^.*temperature">//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td 
	sed -i -e 's/^.*wx-label">//g' -e 's/<\/h6>.*$//g' -e '/wx-data">$/d' -e 's/^.*wx-data">//g' -e 's/^.*wx-text">//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i -e '/barometric-pressure\|wx-astro-title/d' -e 's/^.*wx-moonphase-label">//g' -e 's/^.*wx-wind-label">//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i -e 's/^.*wx-phrase ">//g' -e 's/^.*<dd>//g' -e 's/<.*&deg;.*$//g' -e "s/<span class=.*'>//g" -e 's/<span class=.*">//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i -e 's/^<\/span>//g' -e 's/<\/span>$//g' -e 's/<\/div>$//g' -e 's/<\/p>$//g' -e 's/<\/dd>$//g' -e 's/<\/span>$//g' -e 's/&deg;$//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td
	sed -i -e '/Snowfall:/,+1d' -e '/Past 24 Hours Snow:/,+1d' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td

image=$(sed -n 1p $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td)
    cp $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weather_com_images/$image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/now.png

image=$(sed -n 2p $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td)
    cp $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weather_com_images/$image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TD.png

image=$(sed -n 3p $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td)
    cp $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weather_com_images/$image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TN.png
fi

if [[ -s $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10 ]]; then
	#############
	#  10 days  #
	#############
	grep Updated $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10 >> $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated
	observed_high=$(grep "Observed High" $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|wc -l)
	sed -i '/"wx-daypart"/,/wx-planmyday10 wx-plan-day/!d' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	sed -i -e '/^[ \t]*$/d' -e 's/\r//g' -e '/^$/d' -e 's/^[ \t]*//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	sed -i -e 's/^.*wxicon\/70\///g' -e 's/\.png.*$/\.png/g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	sed -i -e 's/^.*"wx-temp"> \|"wx-temp-alt"> \|"wx-phrase">\|<dt>\|<dd>\|<h3>\|<p class=//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	sed -i -e 's/<sup>&deg;.*$//g' -e 's/<\/p>\|<\/dd>.*$//g' -e 's/<span class=.*$//g' -e '/<\|>\|^$/d' -e 's/ at / /g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	sed -i 's/ mph/mph/g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10

line1=$(sed -n 1p $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|sed 's/ *$//')
	if [[ $line1 == Tonight && $observed_high == 0 ]]; then
		sed -i '3s/$/\n-/' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10
	fi

for (( i=2; i<=65; i+=7 ))
	    do
	        image=$(sed -n ${i}p $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10)
	        cp $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weather_com_images/$image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_${i}.png
	    done
fi

line_count=$(cat $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|wc -l)
if [[ $line_count == 70 ]]; then
	touch $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK
fi

if [[ -s $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated ]]; then
	##################
	#  Update times  #
	##################
	sed -i -e 's/^.*updated">//g' -e 's/^.*Updated: //g' -e 's/<.*$//g' -e 's/Local\ Time//g' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated
fi

kill -CONT $(pidof conky)

And the modified ".conkyrc_weather_com_metric" file:

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_colour brown

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# fiddle with window
use_spacer right
use_xft yes

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 3

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 355 500
maximum_width 355

override_utf8_locale yes

# Draw shades?
draw_shades yes

# Text stuff
draw_outline yes # amplifies text if yes
draw_borders no
#font freesans -12
xftfont Arial:size=9
uppercase no # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 3

# border margins
border_inner_margin 9
border_outer_margin 0

# border width
border_width 10

# Default colors and also border colors, grey90 == #e5e5e5
default_color cbcbcb

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
alignment top_left
#alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
gap_x 10
gap_y 30

imlib_cache_size 0
text_buffer_size 2048
# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

TEXT
${texeci 600 bash $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weath_com_metric}${font Arial:size=12}${color ffe595}RIGHT NOW${font}(Upd: ${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated}) ${hr 2}
${font Arial:size=10}${execpi 600 sed -n '8p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${font}${goto 200}${color ffe595}TEMP: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '4p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C (${execpi 600 sed -n '5p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C)${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/now.png -p 0,30 -s 120x120}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}PAST 24-hr PRECIP: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '12p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}WIND: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '18p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}HUMIDITY: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '24p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C
${goto 200}${color ffe595}UV INDEX: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '30p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}PRESSURE: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '40p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}DEW POINT: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '42p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C
${goto 200}${color ffe595}VISIBILITY: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '44p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}SUN: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '45p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}/${execpi 600 sed -n '46p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}MOON: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '47p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}/${execpi 600 sed -n '48p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${goto 200}${color ffe595}MOONPHASE: $color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '49p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}

${font Arial:size=12}${color ffe595}TODAY - TONIGHT ${font}(Upd: ${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated}) ${hr 2}
${font Arial:size=11}${color ffe595}${goto 75}Today${goto 240}Tonight${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TD.png -p 25,215 -s 100x100}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TN.png -p 190,215 -s 100x100}${font}${color}

${goto 155}${execpi 600 sed -n '6p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C${goto 320}${execpi 600 sed -n '7p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}°C

${execpi 600 sed -n '9p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${goto 200}${execpi 600 sed -n '10p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${color ffe595}${execpi 600 sed -n '13p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'} ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '14p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${goto 200}${color ffe595}${execpi 600 sed -n '15p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'} ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '16p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${color ffe595}${execpi 600 sed -n '19p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'} ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '20p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${goto 200}${color ffe595}WIND ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '22p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${color ffe595}${execpi 600 sed -n '25p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'} ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '26p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${goto 200}${color ffe595}HUMIDITY ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '28p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}
${color ffe595}${execpi 600 sed -n '31p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'} ${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '32p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td}${goto 200}${color ffe595}UV-INDEX ${color}-
${execpi 600 sed -n '36p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c1-30}${goto 200}${execpi 600 sed -n '38p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c1-30}
${execpi 600 sed -n '36p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c31-60}${goto 200}${execpi 600 sed -n '38p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c31-60}
${execpi 600 sed -n '36p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c61-90}${goto 200}${execpi 600 sed -n '38p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td|cut -c61-90}

${font Arial:size=12}${color ffe595}10 DAYS FORECAST ${font}(Upd: ${execpi 600 sed -n '2p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated})${hr 2}
${font Arial:size=11}${color ffe595}${goto 65}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 175}${execpi 600 sed -n '8p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 285}${execpi 600 sed -n '15p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${color}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_2.png -p 20,460 -s 70x70}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_9.png -p 130,460 -s 70x70}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_16.png -p 240,460 -s 70x70}

${goto 115}${execpi 600 sed -n '3p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 225}${execpi 600 sed -n '10p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 335}${execpi 600 sed -n '17p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${font}
${goto 116}${execpi 600 sed -n '4p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 226}${execpi 600 sed -n '11p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 336}${execpi 600 sed -n '18p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}

${execpi 600 sed -n '5p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}${goto 135}${execpi 600 sed -n '12p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}${goto 260}${execpi 600 sed -n '19p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}
${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '6p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 135}${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '13p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 260}${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '20p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}
${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '7p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 135}${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '14p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 260}${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '21p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}
${color ffe595}${hr 1}
${font Arial:size=11}${goto 65}${execpi 600 sed -n '22p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 175}${execpi 600 sed -n '29p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 285}${execpi 600 sed -n '36p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${color}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_23.png -p 20,600 -s 70x70}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_30.png -p 130,600 -s 70x70}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_37.png -p 240,600 -s 70x70}

${goto 115}${execpi 600 sed -n '24p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 225}${execpi 600 sed -n '31p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 335}${execpi 600 sed -n '38p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${font}
${goto 116}${execpi 600 sed -n '25p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 226}${execpi 600 sed -n '32p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 336}${execpi 600 sed -n '39p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}

${execpi 600 sed -n '26p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}${goto 135}${execpi 600 sed -n '33p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}${goto 260}${execpi 600 sed -n '40p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-18}
${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '27p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 135}${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '34p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 260}${color ffe595}PRECIP:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '41p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}
${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '28p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 135}${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '35p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 260}${color ffe595}WIND:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '42p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}
${color ffe595}${hr 1}
${font Arial:size=11}${goto 50}${execpi 600 sed -n '43p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 135}${execpi 600 sed -n '50p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 220}${execpi 600 sed -n '57p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 305}${execpi 600 sed -n '64p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${endif}${color}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_44.png -p 0,740 -s 55x55}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_51.png -p 85,740 -s 55x55}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_58.png -p 170,740 -s 55x55}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${image $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_65.png -p 255,740 -s 55x55}${endif}${font}

${goto 75}${execpi 600 sed -n '45p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 160}${execpi 600 sed -n '52p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 245}${execpi 600 sed -n '59p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 330}${execpi 600 sed -n '66p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${endif}
${goto 76}${execpi 600 sed -n '45p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 160}${execpi 600 sed -n '53p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 245}${execpi 600 sed -n '60p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 330}${execpi 600 sed -n '67p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${endif}

${execpi 600 sed -n '47p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-12}${goto 95}${execpi 600 sed -n '54p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-12}${goto 180}${execpi 600 sed -n '61p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-12}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 265}${execpi 600 sed -n '68p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c1-12}${endif}
${execpi 600 sed -n '47p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c13-24}${goto 95}${execpi 600 sed -n '54p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c13-24}${goto 180}${execpi 600 sed -n '61p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c13-24}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 265}${execpi 600 sed -n '68p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10|cut -c13-24}${endif}
${color ffe595}PR:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '48p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 95}${color ffe595}PR:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '55p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 180}${color ffe595}PR:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '62p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 265}${color ffe595}PR:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '69p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${endif}
${color ffe595}W:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '49p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 95}${color ffe595}W:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '56p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${goto 180}${color ffe595}W:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '63p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${if_existing /home/dorumint13/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/10days_OK}${goto 265}${color ffe595}W:${color}${execpi 600 sed -n '70p' $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10}${endif}

Please see my previous post for all my OS, conky, conkyforecast info, versions, hardware, etc.
Note that I do not have or ever used LUA.

Also, here's the starter part of my previously working dual city weather.com based conky (as seen in the above desktop snapshot picture), located in home/<user-name>/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN and named "01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN.conkyrc":

#########################################################################################################
# Worldwide dual HTC weather & clock conky configuration (for 2 different locations / cities)
# created/edited by Doruleț <Doruletz@aim.com>
# created for Linux Mint (also works with other distros)
#########################################################################################################
# size and setup was designed for my desktop, on my full HD 1080p display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
# for different display (lower resolutions) you may need to make adjustements accordingly
# to make it fit your display and also look nice
# CITY1 = default location (language and time locale), in my case Knoxville, Tennessee, USA (USTN0268)
# CITY2 = an altenate location of your choice, in my case Constanța, România, European Union (ROXX0034)
# You will need to replace --location=ROXX0034 and --location=USTN0268 with your 2 city locations!
# Get your city locations code by going to http://www.weather.com/ and do a search by city name
# correct time and date display for CITY2 will require "tztime" (the time for that time zone),
# in my case "tztime Europe/Bucharest", you would need to adjust accordingly for your CITY2 location
# You will also need to replace (type) your 2 city names in the "# LOCATION (CITY NAMES)" fields bellow
# SETUP

background no
# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
#font 5x7
#font 6x10
#font 7x13
#font 8x13
#font 9x15
#font *mintsmild.se*
#font -*-*-*-*-*-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=12
# this font will allow for display on both EN/US and Romanian Linux installations, also on other languages

# Text alpha when using Xft
xftalpha 0.8

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 1

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window no

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 700 0
maximum_width 700

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 8

# border margins
border_inner_margin 4

# border width
border_width 1

# own window options
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type override
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 10    ### left &right
gap_y 100    ### up & down

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale yes
locale=ro

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer right

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color white
# Custom colors
color1 778899 # Light Slate Grey
color2 6892C6 # Light Blue
color3 FC8820 # Orange
color4 78BF39 # Green
color5 FFDEAD # Navajo White
color6 EBE651 # Deep Yellow
color7 697AFF # Ice Blue
color8 29CC29 # Pale Dark Green
color9 6ECBF5 # Ubuntu Studio Color

text_buffer_size 2048 # larger templates require this number to be increased.
# variable is given in format ${variable}
# allows characters right after the variable and must be used in network
# My 2 locations are Constanța, România and Knoxville, Tennessee, USA,
# coresponding to --location=ROXX0034 and --location=USTN0268

# all the stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen (except for commented stuff - has "#" in front)

TEXT
	# TIME (Hour, Minutes, Seconds) #
${voffset 33}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=Condensed:size=60}${color 000000}${goto 100}${tztime Europe/Bucharest %H}${goto 200}${color 000000}${tztime Europe/Bucharest %M}${goto 445}${time %H}${goto 545}${color 000000}${time %M}${font}${color}${voffset -25}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=42:style=condensed}${color white}${goto 635}${time %S}${font}${color}
	# LOCATION (CITY NAMES) #
${voffset 20}${goto 50}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=24}${color white}Constanta${goto 400}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=24}${color white}Knoxville${font}${color}
	# DATE CONSTANȚA #
${voffset 8}${color yellow}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=14}${alignr 355}${tztime Europe/Bucharest %A} ${tztime Europe/Bucharest %B} ${tztime Europe/Bucharest %e}, ${tztime Europe/Bucharest %G}${font}${color}
${goto 25}${cpubar cpu9 1,330}
	# DATE US #
${voffset -42}${color yellow}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=14}${alignr 5}${time %A} ${time %B} ${time %e}, ${time %G}${font}${color}
${goto 375}${cpubar cpu9 1,330}
	# CURRENT CONDITIONS
${voffset 2}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:style=bold:size=16}${color9}${goto 45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=CT}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:style=bold:size=16}${color9}${goto 390}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=CT}${font}${color}
	# CURRENT TEMPERATURES #
${voffset 10}${goto 240}${font Weather:size=32}${color9}y${font}${voffset -28}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=32}${color9}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT --hideunits}${goto 580}${font Weather:size=32}${color9}y${font}${voffset -28}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=32}${color9}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT --hideunits}${font}${color}
	# HIGHS AND LOWS FOR TODAY #
${voffset 2}${goto 245}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=16}${color3}H:${color4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT --startday=0}${goto 585}${color3}H:${color4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT --startday=0}${font}${color}
${voffset 2}${goto 245}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=16}${color3}L:${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT --startday=0}${goto 585}${color3}L:${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT --startday=0}${font}${color}
	# FEELS LIKE TEMPERATURE CONSTANȚA #
${voffset 2}${goto 140}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=14}${color3}Feels like: ${color red}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT}${font}${color}
	# FEELS LIKE TEMPERATURE Knoxville #
${voffset -22}${goto 480}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=bold:size=14}${color3}Feels like: ${color red}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT}${font}${color}
${goto 25}${cpubar cpu9 1,330}${goto 375}${cpubar cpu9 1,330}
	# CHANCE OF RAIN CONSTANȚA #
${goto 40}${color3}Chance of rain: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=PC --startday=0}${font}${color}
	# CHANCE OF RAIN KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -20}${goto 390}${color3}Chance of rain: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=PC --startday=0}${font}${color}
	# WIND SPEEED AND DIRECTION CONSTANȚA #
${goto 40}${color3}Wind: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=WS} from the ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=WD}${font}${color}
	# WIND SPEEED AND DIRECTION KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -20}${goto 390}${color3}Wind: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=WS} from the ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=WD}${font}${color}
	# SUNRISE AND SUNSET CONSTANȚA #
${goto 40}${color3}Sunrise: ${goto 140}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=SR}${font}${color}
${goto 40}${color3}Sunset: ${goto 140}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=SS}${font}${color}
	# SUNRISE AND SUNSET KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -40}${goto 390}${color3}Sunrise: ${goto 490}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=SR}${font}${color}
${goto 390}${color3}Sunset: ${goto 490}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=SS}${font}${color}
	# HUMIDITY CONSTANȚA #
${goto 40}${color3}Humidity: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HM}${font}${color}
	# HUMIDITY KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -20}${goto 390}${color3}Humidity: ${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HM}${font}${color}
	# MOON PHASE CONSTANȚA #
${goto 40}${color3}Moon Phase:
${goto 60}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=MP}${font}${color}
	# MOON PHASE KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -40}${goto 390}${color3}Moon Phase:
${goto 410}${color5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=MP}${font}${color}
	# 6 DAY EXTENDED FORECAST
	# TEXT EXTENDED FORECAST #
${goto 60}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:style=bold:size=16}${color red}Extended Forecast:${font}${color}${voffset -6}${goto 420}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:style=bold:size=16}${color red}Extended Forecast:${font}${color}
	# HIGHS AND LOWS FOR 6 DAY FORECAST CONSTANȚA #
${voffset 60}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 45}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=1}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=1}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 156}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=2}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=2}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 265}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=3}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=3}${voffset 105}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 45}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=4}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=4}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 156}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=5}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=5}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 265}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=HT -u --startday=6}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=LT -u --startday=6}
	# WEEKDAYS FOR 6 DAY FORECAST CONSTANȚA #
${voffset -105}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 60}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=1}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 170}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=2}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 280}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=3}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${voffset 105}${goto 60}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=4}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 170}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=5}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 280}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=6}
	# HIGHS AND LOWS FOR 6 DAY FORECAST KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -160}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 395}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=1}${color white}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=1}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 506}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=2}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=2}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 615}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=3}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=3}${voffset 105}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 395}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=4}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=4}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 506}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=5}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=5}${font Helvetica LT Std :size=18}${color4}${goto 615}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=HT -u --startday=6}${color white}/${color5}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=LT -u --startday=6}
	# WEEKDAYS FOR 6 DAY FORECAST KNOXVILLE #
${voffset -105}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 400}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=1}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 520}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=2}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 630}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=3}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${voffset 105}${goto 400}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=4}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 520}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=5}${font Helvetica LT Std :style=bold:size=18}${color9}${goto 630}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday=6}${font}${color}
	# LAST UPDATED #
${color4}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:style=bold:size=10}${alignr 20}Last Updated: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --hideunits --datatype=LU}${font}${color}
${voffset -820}
	# BACKGROUND IMAGES AND WEATHER TEMPLATES #
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Base.png -p 10,20 -s 350x770}
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Clock-Flip.png -p 83,10 -s 100x110}
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Clock-Flip.png -p 183,10 -s 100x110}
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Base.png -p 360,20 -s 350x770}
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Clock-Flip.png -p 428,10 -s 100x110}
${image ~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Background/Clock-Flip.png -p 528,10 -s 100x110}
${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USTN0268 --template=~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Conky-HTC-Dual-City-RO.template}
${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=ROXX0034 --template=~/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/Conky-HTC-Dual-City-US.template}
	# THE END #

And the accompanying "Conky-HTC-Dual-City-US.template" and "Conky-HTC-Dual-City-RO.template"...

Conky-HTC-Dual-City-US.template

${image [--datatype=WI --use_spacer right] -p 20,170 -s 200x200}
${image [--datatype=MI --use_spacer left] -p 250,400 -s 80x80}
${image [datatype=WI --startday=1] -p 30,525 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=2] -p 145,525 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=3] -p 255,525 -s 80x80}
${image [datatype=WI --startday=4] -p 30,630 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=5] -p 145,630 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=6] -p 255,630 -s 80x80}

Conky-HTC-Dual-City-RO.template

${image [--datatype=WI --use_spacer right] -p 370,170 -s 200x200}
${image [--datatype=MI --use_spacer left] -p 600,400 -s 80x80}
${image [datatype=WI --startday=1] -p 385,525 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=2] -p 500,525 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=3] -p 610,525 -s 80x80}
${image [datatype=WI --startday=4] -p 385,630 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=5] -p 500,630 -s 80x80}${image [datatype=WI --startday=6] -p 610,630 -s 80x80}

All launched by:
01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN.sh

#!/bin/sh

conky -c $HOME/.Conky/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN.conkyrc &

exit

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Doruletz (2013-11-12 04:36:58)

#1062 2013-11-12 17:11:13

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

@ Doruletz

Just got home.  Will look at it in a bet and get back to you.

#1063 2013-11-12 18:36:31

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

@Doruletz
Conky weather.com metric is working fine for me.
Can you post any error messages you get when running the script?

morfik wrote:

Hello, long time no see. I just wanted to say that my moon had dissapeared, and the conkyfirecast project is dead, I've been wondering, why the hell the moon phase doesn't change anymore, and now I know why. So, I'm moonless now.  big_smile

Have you thought about changing a little bit the 1b1 script?

What did you have in mind?

#1064 2013-11-12 18:43:10

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

@ Doruletz

I renamed mine and popped yours into place -- I made "weath_com_metric" executable, and right clicked on it with thunar and watched the images and files come into place.:

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric_S11

I noticed you didn't have (or give me the cookie) from Teo's tar file, popped that in...

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/4_README_INFO

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weather_com_images

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/.conkyrc_weather_com_metric

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN.conkyrc

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/01-Conky-HTC-Dual-EN.sh

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_2.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_9.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_16.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_23.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_30.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_37.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_44.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_51.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_58.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10_65.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Conky-HTC-Dual-City-RO.template

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Conky-HTC-Dual-City-US.template

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/cookie

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/now.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TD.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/TN.png

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/updated

• ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/weath_com_metric

I added two lines to the top of the conky, changing nothing else:

# killall conky && conky -c $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/.conkyrc_weather_com_metric &
# pkill -xf "conky -c $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/.conkyrc_weather_com_metric" &

I changed nothing else in the conky or the weath_com_metric file
and ran it in a terminal:

12 Nov 13 | 14:56:42 ~
    $ conky -c $HOME/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/.conkyrc_weather_com_metric &
[1] 21457

12 Nov 13 | 14:56:49 ~
    $ Conky: desktop window (265) is root window
Conky: window type - override
Conky: drawing to created window (0x3e00001)
Conky: drawing to double buffer
wget: no process found
--2013-11-12 14:56:49--  http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Knoxville+TN+USTN0268:1:US
Resolving www.weather.com (www.weather.com)... 200.42.33.67, 200.42.33.64
Connecting to www.weather.com (www.weather.com)|200.42.33.67|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td’

[ <=>                                                            ] 129,887     --.-K/s   in 0.1s    

2013-11-12 14:56:50 (853 KB/s) - ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td’ saved [129887]

--2013-11-12 14:56:50--  http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Knoxville+TN+USTN0268:1:US
Resolving www.weather.com (www.weather.com)... 200.42.33.64, 200.42.33.67
Connecting to www.weather.com (www.weather.com)|200.42.33.64|:80... connected.
Saving to: ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10’

[ <=>                                                            ] 94,124      --.-K/s   in 0.1s    

2013-11-12 14:56:50 (655 KB/s) - ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10’ saved [94124]

wget: no process found
--2013-11-12 14:56:50--  http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Knoxville+TN+USTN0268:1:US
Resolving www.weather.com (www.weather.com)... 200.42.33.67, 200.42.33.64
Connecting to www.weather.com (www.weather.com)|200.42.33.67|:80... connected.
Saving to: ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td’

[ <=>                                                            ] 129,887     --.-K/s   in 0.07s   

2013-11-12 14:56:50 (1.76 MB/s) - ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today/raw_td’ saved [129887]

--2013-11-12 14:56:50--  http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Knoxville+TN+USTN0268:1:US
Resolving www.weather.com (www.weather.com)... 200.42.33.64, 200.42.33.67
Connecting to www.weather.com (www.weather.com)|200.42.33.64|:80... connected.
Saving to: ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10’

[ <=>                                                            ] 94,124      --.-K/s   in 0.04s   

2013-11-12 14:56:51 (2.34 MB/s) - ‘/home/sector11/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days/raw_10’ saved [94124]

$ 

I deleted the files - and renamed two directories and created two empty ones and did it a second time ... files came in just fine.
2013_11_12_15_32_50_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg
Do you have these?

1. ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/10days (dir: empty to start)

2. ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/Today (dir: empty to start)

3. ~/Conky_WeatherCom_metric/cookie (file: it's in the tar.gz file)

Did nothing with your conkyForecast conkys as conkyForecast has gone down for the count.   cry

R.I.P conkyForecast

#1065 2013-11-12 21:10:34

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Why isn't this thread stickied?

Linux User #586672
There aren't enough swear-words in the English language, so now I'll have to call you perkeleen vittupää just to express my disgust and frustration with this crap. -- Linus Torvalds

#1066 2013-11-12 21:18:00

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

KrunchTime wrote:

Why isn't this thread stickied?

I think they ran out of glue.  lol

But +1 for that!

Last edited by Sector11 (2013-11-12 21:18:21)

#1067 2013-11-12 21:20:27

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

#1068 2013-11-12 21:46:42

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

TeoBigusGeekus wrote:

cool  kiss  ops  angel

#1069 2013-11-12 22:13:20

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

That's A BITCH to parse!!!!!  mad
Stay tuned, it's gonna take some time...

#1070 2013-11-12 22:23:08

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

TeoBigusGeekus wrote:

That's A BITCH to parse!!!!!  mad
Stay tuned, it's gonna take some time...

No rush ... is it done yet?
I can wait ... is it done yet?
Take your time ... is it done yet?

Appreciate you trying this ... lets hope it's better results than the Canadian site.  wink

#1071 2013-11-12 22:38:20

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, this is a total mess...  cry

#1072 2013-11-12 22:44:40

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

What? That's a great honour!!! Thank you guys!!!

Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus (2013-11-12 22:46:31)

#1073 2013-11-13 00:29:40

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

TeoBigusGeekus wrote:

What? That's a great honour!!! Thank you guys!!!

Well, we glued your foot to the forum, it's the least we could do ... totally KrunchTime's idea though ... I just agree.  big_smile

#1074 2013-11-13 15:00:28

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

Images such as this or this (lunaf.com's native images) are unacceptable, aren't they?
Wouldn't you prefer the images from conkyforecast (without background)?

Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus (2013-11-13 15:01:24)

Be excellent to each other!

#1075 2013-11-13 15:51:58

Sector11
Leonardo da Conci
Website

TeoBigusGeekus wrote:

Images such as this or this (lunaf.com's native images) are unacceptable, aren't they?
Wouldn't you prefer the images from conkyforecast (without background)?

Yea, those would work on a black background only.

But matching their images to use the 24 cF images would be a chore as well.

Although I think the cF images would look better in a conky, scalable and transparent.

If I can help just say the word!
The  devil in me made me do that.  But the offer is real.

Board footer