SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-22 00:45:01

BHXSpecter

Printer Quit Working when updating to unstable

I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911a printer and under Waldorf I got it working. When I updated to unstable it suddenly marked it as disabled and won't let enable it. Won't let me add any printers, sure it will let me go through the steps but once I get to the window that has the apply button, it just sits there and locks so I can't apply it no matter how many times I click apply. I've googled for the whole day and yet to find anything that seems to help me figure this out and get it back to working. Not sure if there is anything I can do in order to fix it, but I wanted to bring it up just in case.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2014-03-22 01:47:33

damo
#! gimpbanger

Re: Printer Quit Working when updating to unstable

Just a thought - did you disable the waldorf repos, or are you still using the old printer support?

#3 2014-03-22 05:33:09

twoion
Emerald Caffeine

So CUPS got busted? Maybe purging all (possibly old) configuration and cups & a re-install might help. Are you also logged in as the root user to CUPS (you should get prompted for username+password when attempting an administrative task)? Also, are all CUPS packages up-to-date (dist-upgrade) or got CUPS only partially upgraded? Are all required CUPS driver packages installed?

A guy with a printer from the same product family and unstable recently appeared on #debian@Freenode. He also had a problem with his printer, but started over with a clean CUPS install and the hplip driver from here. Debian is listed as supperted until the last point release 7.4. The site also has installation instructions, thus you should be able to get it to work using the information there.

#4 2014-03-22 22:43:02

BHXSpecter

I fixed it. Had removed the Waldorf references but apparently forgot to do autoremove for all the old packages. Feel dumb now. Installing HPLIP should fix it and get it running for me. Thanks for the assist.

Append, spoke too soon. Everything went well until I try to run hp-systray. I get the error
ImportError: libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So far, googling hasn't shown me what I need to install to fix it. Which is coming up empty. I have found tons of errors for it but not a single fix for it yet.

Last edited by BHXSpecter (2014-03-23 02:43:26)

#5 2014-03-25 04:11:37

BHXSpecter

Well I thought I had it fixed. After searching for two days, I have yet to find how to fix the libnetsnmp error. That is keeping hp-systray from opening for me to configure everything for my printer.

Board footer