Catfish is installed by default on recent Crunchbang releases.
1. Edit gmrun's configuration file: nano ~/.gmrunrc or gedit ~/.gmrunrc
2. Add these two lines to .gmrunrc:
URL_s = catfish --hidden --path=/ '%s'
URL_sh = catfish --hidden --path=/home/yourhome/ '%s'
3. Make sure to change “yourhome” to the name of your home directory. If desired, you can alter URL_s and URL_sh to any other keyword. For instance, URL_search or URL_searchhome. You can also eliminate hidden files from your search by removing –hidden from the commands above. Lastly, you can alter the search path by editing ”–path=”.
4. Save and exit your editor.
1. Call gmrun using alt-f2
2. Type either s:searchterm or sh:searchterm to search either your file system or your home directory for your “searchterm”.
That's it! You can now search for files and folders using catfish and gmrun!