I've seen this a few times on the forums. It's kinda hackish I guess, but it works for the time being - especially if you don't have too many keybindings
So I needed to have both the regular US keyboard as well as the US International keyboard (with deadkey support) so that I could type in Spanish accents cómo éste.
Here are the steps I took:
1) Determine which keyboard layouts you want to switch between. Determine if you want 2, 3, or more. This tutorial will work with as many as you need, but this is the first step
2) Open up a text editor and open the file /home/$USER/.config/openbox/rc.xml
3) Scroll down to the keybindings section - you should see stuff like
4) Find any line which says
5) Go to the end of that line and hit Enter
6) Copy and paste the following text:
<keybind key="W-slash"> <action name="Execute"> <startupnotify> <enabled>true</enabled> <name>English keyboard</name> </startupnotify> <command>setxkbmap us</command> </action> </keybind>
7) Edit the
key=“W-slash”> and the
<command>setxkbmap us</command> to fit your desires (I'm not sure exactly what the
<name> key does, but change it if you want )
8) Rinse, Lather, and Repeat for all of your other desired keymaps.